Are you using Matcha tea but not seeing a big difference? Or have you heard of all the amazing health benefits of this wonderful tea, but don’t know how to actually make it?
Do you know? If Matcha tea is not prepared in the right way, you can’t enjoy all its benefits.
There are 100s of Youtube tutorials and blogs on how to make traditional matcha tea. But not all of them are worth trying.
Nowadays, people modify the natural way of making traditional matcha tea, but the real method is according to Japanese tradition.
If you make matcha tea according to the ancient Japanese tradition, you can get the most benefits from it.
In this guide, we will tell you the 100% traditional Japanese way of making matcha tea to get many of the benefits.
What Is Matcha & What’s In It?
Matcha is a finely grounded powder of green tea leaves. Green tea leaves are the only ingredient in matcha green tea.
The color of matcha (used to make tea) is bright green and based on the color, the quality of matcha is determined.
Matcha is used to make tea and is also used in other recipes.
How Is Matcha Made?
Matcha is made through the following extraordinary steps:
Different Grades Of Matcha
|Feature||Cooking grade matcha||Ceremonial grade matcha||Latte grade matcha|
|Color||Greenish brown.||Bright green.||Less bright green.|
|Flavor||Fairly bitter flavor.||Very smooth flavor.||Very bitter flavor.|
Matcha Vs Green Tea
|Before the tea leaves for matcha are harvested, they are completely shaded for several days to enhance their aroma, flavor, amino acid theanine, and alkaloid caffeine.||No such treatment is used for this tea.|
|Matcha is a powdered and more concentrated form.||Green tea comes in the form of leaves.|
|In powder form, you get more antioxidants and many other health benefits.||You get fewer antioxidants and other health benefits.|
How To Make Traditional Matcha Green Tea
Following is the best way to make matcha tea. It is some how different from making kratom tea. Making matcha green tea at home requires a few steps to follow:
- Add matcha powder: Add 1 gram of powder in a bowl or cup using a strainer. This step is crucial to prevent clumping & this is how you use matcha powder.
- Pour in some water: Add 2oz of hot water of 160°F or 71.1°C into the bowl or cup. Do not add boiling water.
- Whisk it up: A bamboo whisk is best used to mix matcha powder. Now, using a bamboo whisk, whisk both ingredients vigorously in “W” shaped motions for 15-20 seconds. This is the best way to use a bamboo whisk.
- Add more water: Add more water according to your taste and preference. Remember, the more the water, the lighter the flavor.
- Serve fresh & hot: Now serve your match fresh and hot.
Best Way To Mix Matcha
Mixing with a bamboo whisk is the most popular way to mix matcha. But if you don’t have a bamboo whisk or don’t want to use this method, we have other best options for you:
- Blending: Add matcha powder with water in your blender and blend for a while.
- Shaking: Add the required amount of matcha and cold water to a bottle and give both ingredients a good shake.
Please note: Do not use hot water, as hot water can make your bottle explode.
How To Drink Matcha
For the best experience, it is recommended that you drink matcha within 3-4 minutes. This is the best way to drink matcha.
If you set your matcha tea aside for a long time, the rich foam on the top will vanish and the powder will begin to collect at the bottom.
Matcha Powder Recipes
Besides making matcha green tea, there are so many other ways to use matcha powder. Here are some of the best matcha recipes that are quick and easy to follow
- Matcha Latte: To make a matcha latte, follow these steps:
- Mix matcha powder with water to form a paste.
- Add more water and whisk until it becomes frothy.
- If you don’t have a whisk, you can use a blender.
- Add honey or maple syrup, depending on your taste.
- Froth or steam the milk with an espresso machine or milk frother.
- Finally, pour the steamed or frothed milk into your matcha.
- Iced Matcha green tea latte:
All the above steps for matcha latte also apply to making an Iced matcha green tea latte. After adding frothed milk, add some ice to your matcha and enjoy.
- Matcha Lemonade: Here are the steps to follow:
- First, prepare the matcha by mixing 2 teaspoons of matcha powder into a paste.
- Add half a cup of water and whisk until it’s frothy.
- Now make the lemonade by mixing ⅓ cup of fresh lemon juice with ⅓ cup of water. Also, add 2.5 tablespoons of simple syrup and ice. Mix well.
- Make your matcha lemonade by combining the lemonade and matcha together in a cup. Mix them well.
- Add some ice and serve.
How To Sweeten Matcha?
You can use honey or maple syrup to sweeten your matcha.
How To Make Matcha Taste Good?
If you add honey or maple syrup to your match or matcha latte, you can make it taste better.
How To Prepare Matcha Tea Powder?
You cannot make matcha tea powder at home because the green tea leaves used to make matcha are given a very different and unique environment.
And that environment is not provided to the normal green tea leaves used in the tea bags, etc.
There are so many health benefits of drinking matcha green tea. A lot of antioxidants in it give you a youthful experience.
The antioxidants are responsible for fighting signs of aging. Moreover, this tea also helps in losing weight and much more. We have also shared with you some of the popular matcha green tea recipes.