Kratom cookies are officially a thing – and we’re definitely living for it! It seems like the possibilities of using kratom are simply never-ending, and right now, one of the greatest ways to take kratom is by implementing it into your recipes. Putting kratom in food is one of many ways to mask its taste, which is usually one of the only things about kratom that puts people off, especially at first. Luckily, these cookies are chewy, delicious, and good for you, so you won’t even feel the taste of kratom at all! So, put your apron on, stock up on some of your favorite kratom powder, and start making these amazing kratom cookies!
How to decide how much kratom to use:
The amount of kratom you add to the recipe should depend on two things- how much you want each cookie to have inside (roughly) and how many cookies the recipe will produce. Let’s say I want each kratom cookie to have 5 grams of kratom inside. If my recipe makes 12 cookies, I’ll need to add 60 grams of kratom for there to be roughly 5 grams per cookie (5×12=60).
1. Tahini Kratom Cookies
These kratom cookies are not only ultra-tasty, but they’re also good for you – tahini is packed with lots and lots of nutrients, and the added kratom contributes to the texture and the positive effect on your body. Plus, these cookies are really easy to make (and easy to eat, too!) (Makes roughly 20 cookies)
- 6 ounces of butter (if vegan, substitute for 6 ounces of vegetable oil)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of tahini
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Kratom, as desired
- A small pinch of salt
- Mix the butter (or oil) and sugar in a large bowl using a mixer and add the tahini grad
- Mix all the dry ingredients, including kratom, in one large bowl, then add the tahini, sugar, and butter mixture and mix well.
- Place the mixture in a fridge for about 30 minutes – in the meantime, line a baking sheet with paper and pre-heat your oven to about 360°F.
- Take the cookie dough out of the fridge and form small balls using a spoon. Place the cookies on the baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until fully baked.
2. Chocolate Chip Kratom Cookies (recipe adapted from Tasty)
Chocolate chip cookies are a staple among desserts – and with added kratom, they can instantly turn into an entire culinary explosion for your tastebuds! These cookies are chewy, crispy, and delicious at the same time – so try not to eat the whole batch if you can! (Makes roughly 12 cookies)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of melted butter (or vegetable oil)
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Kratom, as desired
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips (or more, as desired)
- A pinch of salt
- Place the white sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, and salt into a large bowl and mix well. Then add the egg and the vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- Then add the flour and baking soda and mix for a while, but don’t overdo it so that your cookies end up soft and chewy rather than hard and clumpy.
- Add the kratom powder and the chocolate chips and fold them into the mixture. Put the cookie dough in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Form balls out of the cookie dough, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for about 15 minutes on 360°F or until the edges are golden and crispy.
3. Vegan Peanut Butter Kratom Cookies (recipe adapted from The Simple Veganista)
Though most cookie recipes require eggs and milk, the truth is that you can make vegan cookies without all these ingredients that are just as tasty and chewy as the usual ones! These peanut butter cookies are a delicious source of protein and healthy fats, and the added benefit of kratom powder just makes them even better! (Makes roughly 20 cookies)
- 1 cup of peanut butter (or any other nut butter, depending on your preference)
- 1 cup of white sugar (or any other type of sugar)
- 6 tbsp almond or any other plant milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Place the butter and sugar with the almond milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Then add the dry ingredients and mix well once more.
- Add the kratom powder, fold it into the mixture, and form balls out of the dough using a spoon or an ice cream scooper.
- Place the balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes on 360°F.
These were just a few options for a delicious dessert, also including kratom! Kratom can easily turn any recipe into a wonderful addition to your diet – and kratom cookies can mask the somewhat unpleasant flavor that kratom naturally has while still passing as a comfort food. So, dig in – and if you try any of these recipes, send us pictures or let us know whether you liked them in the comments below!