There’s been a lot of debate lately over whether or not it’s a good idea to freeze kratom. Some people say it helps preserve the alkaloids and makes the effects last longer, while others claim that freezing kratom destroys the alkaloids and makes the herb less potent.
So, what’s the truth? Is it a good idea to freeze kratom?
In this article, we’ll give you a comprehensive guide on how freezing kratom works and suggest some useful tips to refrigerate and store kratom for better effects.
How Does Freezing Kratom Work?
Kratom has two key alkaloids known as 7-hydroxy mitragynine and mitragynine, which are present in the cells of the kratom plant. The powder is produced when the plant leaves are harvested, dried, and turned into powder, and this keeps the alkaloids intact.
When you freeze kratom, it breaks down the plant cell walls and makes the alkaloids more bioavailable. This means that when you consume frozen kratom, you’ll get a more potent effect.
Though freezing kratom may offer you the benefit of achieving more strength of the herb, it’s not recommended to freeze kratom for a long time. Make sure you use the purchased kratom powder within 3 months.
How Long Can You Refrigerate Kratom?
As per the kratom experts and enthusiasts, Kratom should best be used within the first three months. Anytime beyond this may affect the quality of the product and it may not remain as effective. Moreover, the freshness of Kratom could also vary depending on where you purchase it, which suggests that it’s not favorable to store the product anywhere to avoid ruining its quality.
How To Freeze Kratom Properly
If you want to preserve the quality of your Kratom product for some time, it’s important to make sure that you freeze it properly. This will help to preserve the potency of the kratom and make sure that it stays fresh. Here’s a guide on how to freeze kratom properly:
- Choose the right kratom. Make sure that you select high-quality kratom from a reputable source. This will make a big difference in both the quality of your kratom and how well it freezes.
- Choose the right container. It’s important to use an airtight container when freezing kratom. This will help to keep the kratom fresh and prevent it from drying out.
- Freeze in small batches. If you’re only using a small amount of kratom at a time, it’s best to freeze it in small batches. This way, you can thaw out only what you need, and the rest will stay fresh.
- Store in a cool, dark place. Once your kratom is frozen, it’s important to store it in a cool, dark place. This will help to keep the kratom potent and fresh.
By following these steps, you can make sure that your kratom will stay fresh and potent for a long time.
Tips And Tricks For Kratom Storage
Like other food products and medications, kratom also needs to be stored appropriately so that its efficacy is preserved. While it may seem like a lot of work, the following tips will help you store kratom the right way to save your investment.
- Store in a vacuum container. One of the best ways to store kratom is in a vacuum container. This will avoid exposure to air and keep the kratom fresh. Vacuum containers are airtight and will keep the kratom dry and potent.
- Keep your kratom airtight. By storing kratom in an airtight bag, you make sure it stays safe from contamination by air or other products at your home. You can store the product in a mason jar with an airtight lid or opt for a vacuum seal.
- Keep it dry. You need to put kratom in dry places and avoid placing it around water sources. Water can attract mold and bacteria and ruin the quality of your product.
- Store in a dark place. Kratom thrives better in areas not exposed to UV. Store your kratom in a dark place by keeping it in a jar with opaque glass or a cupboard that isn’t opened frequently.
- Keep the temperature stable. Make sure the storage environment for Kratom always stays cool. When the temperature changes drastically, condensation can occur and make the product moist.
- Avoid storing in damp places. Moist or damp places can breed mold and bacteria which can ruin your product. In case you notice mold on your product, get rid of it immediately to avoid spreading mold to the intact part.
In addition to the tips mentioned above, there are a few more tip-offs that would help you implement safe practices for storing kratom.
Research Your vendor
The quality of your product is the first thing you should assess when purchasing kratom. Because kratom has increased in popularity recently, there are chances that you may end up getting low-quality on the market from vendors who are only focused on making a profit off of cheap quality kratom.
Make sure you purchase from vendors associated with the American Kratom Association and their products should be third-party lab-tested. This way, you purchase high-quality products that could be stored safely and for a longer time.
Consult A Medical Practitioner
Before jumping on the bandwagon, it’s always best to consult your medical practitioner to weigh the pros and cons of consuming kratom. If you have some health conditions and are under medications, products like kratom may cause drug interactions that could worsen your health. Hence, take advice from your doctor to make safe and informed decisions.
We hope you find these tips on freezing kratom useful to implement. Make sure you do your research about the benefits and side effects of Kratom to use the product safely.