If you’re a fan of kratom or have been interested in trying it out, chances are you’ve heard (or you know) all about kratom’s unique flavor!
If you’ve never tried kratom before, you’re probably wondering what does kratom taste like? We’re going to be totally honest here- kratom has a strong flavor, to put it mildly. Some people aren’t bothered by what kratom tastes like, while others find the flavor very off-putting, and stick to taking kratom capsules because of it.
So What Does Kratom Taste Like?
The best way we can describe the flavor of kratom is:
Kratom tastes a lot like tea leaves that have steeped WAY longer than usual. If herbal, grassy flavors don’t bother you, chances are you might not mind kratom too much- but often people find the flavor hard to deal with at first. But don’t worry! There are a few easy things you can do to help mask the flavor of kratom.
Most Popular Things to Mix with Kratom / to Make Kratom Taste Better
We’ll go into these options below!
How To Make Kratom Taste Good
One of the most popular ways of taking kratom is by mixing it with acidic juice- not only does this help break down the alkaloids in kratom, but it also helps mask that strong flavor!
What Does Breaking Down Kratom Alkaloids Do?
- Kratom is absorbed more quickly, therefore effects are felt faster
- Because it makes it easier for your body to process the alkaloids, the effects feel stronger as well
Most Popular Juices to Mix With Kratom
You can mix kratom with almost any juice but the most popular are:
- Orange juice: Kratom and orange juice is perhaps the standard mix for kratom lovers. Orange juice is acidic enough to make the kratom powder kick in a bit quicker and with more potency. You’ll still notice some earthy flavors but the orange juice creates a unique taste that’s so much better. All you need to do is whisk your preferred strain into a glass of OJ. If you want to squeeze your own juice, you’ll need about four medium-sized oranges.
- Lemonade: A bit less popular than kratom and orange juice, but tasty all the same! Lemonade (not lemon juice) is sometimes less acidic than orange juice so it may break down the alkaloids less effectively, but it does a good job of masking the flavor.
- Lemon juice: Straight up lemon juice, not lemonade, is highly acidic and will break down alkaloids and hide kratom’s flavor- but be warned, it is a pretty crazy taste! Try mixing with some sugar and a splash of water to mellow it out.
Honorable mentions: Cranberry juice and apple juice
Mix it into a Smoothie!
We have a fabulous recipe for a super green kratom smoothie! This is an excellent way to take your kratom and get some vitamins at the same time. It really masks the flavor and makes for a great way to start the day!
Make Kratom Tea
This easy method of taking kratom provides pleasant effects and you can add whatever kind of sweetener you’d like to improve the flavor! A squeeze of lemon juice in kratom tea also tastes great.
We’ve also written a blog post on how to make kratom tea.
Make Kratom Chocolate
A lot less traditional but a lot tastier than plain kratom, kratom chocolate is a fantastic way to take kratom that makes dosing easy! Dark chocolate (the kind we recommend using) also interacts in the brain in a similar way to kratom, so these two ingredients go together perfectly.
Want to try to make kratom chocolate? It’s actually pretty simple and only requires a few steps! Here’s our blog on how to make kratom chocolate.
Our Founder / CEO Kemal Whyte loves to take his kratom a few different ways. When in a rush, you can catch him doing a classic and quick toss n’ wash. If he’s got a bit more time in the office, Kemal sometimes uses a protein drink shaker to mix kratom & water or kratom & orange juice.
These are our favorite ways to enjoy kratom without having to deal with the overpowering flavor! Which method is your favorite? Are you a fan of kratom and orange juice or do you prefer to steep some tea?